Have an account?

Friday, May 9, 2008

Moss Island

Let the saga continue.  I have been climbing for three days on now, and I can't believe how lucky I've been to get good weather and time off of work at the same time.  Our aircraft is still down for maintenance, so aircraft maintenance + time off + good weather = climbing.  My new friends from Nine Cornered Lake recommended I check out this crag by Little Falls, called Moss Island.  Moss Island is unique, in that you cross a small dam (via bridge) and then you are on a small island in the middle of a river.  The area has strict ethics on bolting, and is pretty much a top rope climber's paradise.  The routes range in length from 35-50 ft., and grades are from 5.2 to 5.12c.  I opted for sans rope, and soled 7 routes ranging from 5.2 - 5.10.  The rock is bullet proof and most of the cruxes are at the bottom, so it made for comfortable climbing.  It was a great way to spend a "rest day."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo what up levi. tried out your new problem up at nine . damn that thing is hard defiantly no sock ninja on that one nice job on the fa. u gonna get out ne time soon ??

Levitator said...

Right now I stationed in Lynchburg, Va, which is pretty awesome considering the proximity to climbing. Mcafee's Knob is about an hour away. Awesome bouldering right on the Appalachian Trail!