Have an account?

Friday, October 3, 2008

Rocktober

It's Rocktober, my favorite month of the year!  Every year I wait for this magical month.  The temperatures start to cool, the leaves begin to change, and outdoor activities are ideal.  Last weekend (26-28th) Trevor and I spent another weekend in Black Canyon.  We climbed two routes new to me: Checkerboard Wall (5.10+) and Maiden Voyage (5.9).  Checkerboard Wall had a super-spicy 3rd pitch (which most climb as the 4th) and allowed me to hone in on my mental, rather than physical abilities.  Maiden Voyage may be one of the best 5.9's I've done anywhere, and a must-do for the Black Canyon aficionado.   On Sunday (Oct. 5th) I head out to Yosemite for 2 weeks, and will be meeting up with by good buddy Joe Stern.  I can hardly wait! From Oct. 5th-20th posting will be non-existent, but I will have some great action from Yosemite coming.

Driving south on Route 92
Driving north on 550, north of Durango




2nd pitch of Checkerboard Wall


3rd pitch Checkerboard Wall, just before the spice.


Sunset shooting through the North Rim Campground

2 comments:

david santos said...

Great work!!!
Very good picturs!!!
You are Master!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Tim said...

Where are these Yosemite Pics?

Help a brother out!!!