Have an account?

Monday, November 24, 2008

Santa Cruzin'

For the last 10 days I've been staying in Santa Cruz with my new friend Shauna.  I met Shauna during my stay in Yosemite, and I knew right away there was something special about her.    She has been showing me everything the city of Santa Cruz has to offer: mountain biking, trail running, the best places to eat and drink coffee (plus the occasional desert), and beautiful sunsets by the coast.  I better not forgot the Seymour Center at Long Marine Laboratory (where Shauna works) and the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  I was fortunate enough to get the lights turned on for "Old Blue,"  the world's largest whale skeleton!  Upon arrival, the weather was unseasonable warm, which even tempted me to take a dip in the ocean.  Fall has returned (mid 60's), but the weather is still enjoyable.  Perfect temps for cardiovascular sports.  I'm heading back to Yosemite this week and I can't wait!  Hope you enjoy the photos.

"Old Blue"




                                   One of many beautiful sunsets........







                                  
                  Monterey Bay Aquarium - Outer Bay Exhibit

1 comments:

Tim said...

Tremors, man "Valentine McKee" is my hero, him and "Cole Trickle"