Have an account?

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let it Snow......

Snow, snow, snow... get warm, and snow some more.  That is what December is like in the Front Range.  It has been snowing in the mountains, (and sometimes in the valley) followed by a day or two of warm weather.  With all of this snow, I thought it was time to find a winter sport.  From our house in Woodland park, we are surrounded by numerous ski resorts that are 2-2.5 hours away.  I have been fortunate enough to have some friends help me put together some snowboarding gear, and last Friday I tried out snowboarding for the first time.  After the first day I was pretty sore, but definitely had fun.  I think I have found a new winter sport.  Oh yeah, and on the warm days we definitely went climbing.

     Sunrise from Wilkerson Pass heading towards Vail

                 Trevor rapping down amidst a Shelf Road Sunset

Another beautiful sunset at Shelf Road

0 comments: