Have an account?

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hound Ears

The opportunity to attend Hound Ears arose, and soon I was packing my bags. Kurt Smith (Evolve, Sterling, Metolius Rep) just recently went through knee surgery, and it was up to Elaina (his wife) to fulfill event sponsor duties. I figured this would be a great chance to help out, and get a once a year pass into Hound Ears (It is a posh, gated community, closed to the public, except for this climbing competition held every year). It has been 4 years since my last visit to Boone, NC, and I was excited to catch up and hang out with old friends (Especially the chance to run into Dave Woods and Mike Petch, former Clevelanders). Saturday the weather turned out to be perfect, and it didn't take long to shred my tips (about 3 hours). It was great climbing with the Athens crew, something that doesn't happen often enough. I look forward to catching up with all of you dirt bags again at the season finale in Chattanooga!

Evolve shoe demo fleet

Vince, representing NRG mountain guides

Overlook from the top of Hound Ears

Vince with the eye of the tiger on "Woody's V3"

Dan climbing, forgot the name, someone help me out here.


2 comments:

Tim said...

Dan is on "Milkyway".

Levitator said...

Thanks dude. It was great seeing both you and Jaime. You two are always welcome to come down!